I'm a coder. I have and have had other titles, Director of Development, Lead Developer, etc., but I think coder is what really describes me these days.
I love to hate PHP, and I have to say "needle" and "haystack" several times a day outload to make sure I'm doing things correctly. (I get that right 90% of the time these days, too.) Coming from .Net, I miss generics but only for collections.
After spending over a decade with .Net (C# and VB.Net) using Visual Studio, I then spent way too long without an IDE and cannot stress enough: USE AN IDE!!! Even if you have to pay for it. Notepad, Sublime, VIM, grep, sed, etc., are all well and fine for simple things, but seriously, switching to an IDE can save so much time.
Lastly, for no good reason except that they make me smile, here's some quotes:
Debugging is like being the detective in a crime movie where you are also the murderer. — Filipe Fortes, 2013-11-10
A comment in a CSS file means you've probably sinned in your code. — Chris Haas, 2020-03-31 (private Slack)
Anyone ever dread writing a block of code, only to find out that you already wrote it a month ago? Really makes you smile. — Chris Haas, 2020-04-22 (private Slack)
Top network posts
- 154 How to convert HTML to PDF using iTextSharp
- 119 Adding css class through aspx code behind
- 107 Can ffmpeg convert audio to raw PCM? If so, how?
- 81 Ghostscript to merge PDFs compresses the result
- 70 How to convert HTML to PDF using iTextSharp
- 54 How can add space\margin between two elements in iTextSharp\iText?
- 51 System.Net.Mail creating invalid emails and eml files? Inserting extra dots in host names
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Jun 25 '19