This community needs to contribute some names they would like to act as provisional Moderators. Please read this: Moderators Pro Tempore.
Here are some basic guidelines:
- Each nomination should be a separate answer. Link the name to the user’s profile (parent and meta) so we can see their activity (see this for reference).
- The nominee should indicate their acceptance by editing the answer, adding that they accept the nomination. Optionally they can write something about themselves.
- Self nominations are okay, and even encouraged. Most sites have not had sufficient time for many users to stand out. Self nomination is simply a way to say, “I’m interested. Let my record speak for itself.” Links to other activities may be helpful: Area 51 participation, participation in other sites, blog posts reviewing or announcing the site, etc.
Here is what we are looking for in a Moderator...
We are seeking out members who are deeply engaged in the community’s development; members who:
- Have a reasonably high reputation score to indicate active, consistent participation.
- Show an interest in their meta’s community-building activities.
- Lead by example, showing patience and respect for their fellow community members in everything they write.
- Exhibit those intangible traits discussed in A Theory of Moderation.
Bonus points for:
- Members with participation in both meta and the parent site (i.e. interest in both community building and expertise in the field).
- Area 51 participation, social network referrals, or blogging about the site.
- Members who have already shown an interest or ability to promote their community.
(Originally written by Robert Cartaino for the Home Improvement Stack Exchange)
I incorrectly assumed these moderators would remain until the end of the beta, but apparently the next election will be in several weeks (6-8?) after the first appointment. So that would imply the highest voted nominees will be appointed around Aug 26 (one week in the public beta), and the next election could be at the end of September or the beginning of October. So don't be afraid to vote, if they turn out to be dictators we can chop their heads off at the next revolution!