There are two (so far) distinct topics that came up several times already and make me wary:
- scraping and syndicating of sites;
- PHP backdoors and kill switches.
Both can have perfectly legit uses and it is hard to judge on which side it falls when author doesn't care to explain purpose or details.
What is best approach for handling these?
From mild to harsh:
- Treat it as purely technical issue and give an answer.
- Give an answer, add warning about possible issues.
- Ask (demand?) clarification of intent before giving answer.
- Flag on sight for moderators to deal with.